Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Web Applications in C# : Assignment 4 ASP.NET Debugging

This week in class we were taught how to integrate ASP.NET with a database using SQL. At first it was a challenge finding my SQL Server Instance. Below is a screenshot of it.


 



 Our homework this week was to create a new web project, master page, web page that had a login screen and connect it to a database. Screenshot of Solution Explorer below:



We were give SQL Code ato run nd create a database named "ASPNetHomework". This database included one table "Logins", 4 attributes listed below, and one store procedure.



   Next I hooked up the database using ASP.Net Buttons



Wrote some C# code and tested


Here is what the UI looks like



Besides the HW I had to research several sites to learn more about Debugging and Error Handling in ASP.NET. My assignment included researching the following:

1) ASP.NET debugging
2) Walkthrough: Client Side debugging with F12 tools
3) Walkthrough: Using ASP.NET Trace
4) Walkthrough: Using SQL Profiler
 
I enjoyed watching the YouTube videos the most. It has always been easier for me to learn while watching and video (including coding).
 
The F12 Tools video was awesome. Chris Love reviewed a webpage that he saw on Shark tank. The webpage was a single page application. During the video he pointed out several things the developer did wrong. The biggest thing errors was the site had a couple of bugs and loaded slowly. The slow website speed was due to running to excessive JavaScript. Chris said, he teaches a class to improve this and I would like to look it up. I will definitely review this video in the future when debugging my projects
 
Screenshot from video
 
 
 
 
      
 
Next I reviewed Venkat video on tracing ASP.NET. I was going to include more about tracing and watched the entire video, but ran out of time. I will update this portion of my blog at a later date.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment