Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Web Applications in C#: Assignment 06: Managing State Data


Assignment 06: Managing State Data

The Details:

This weeks assignment was about managing state data. Our go was simple to demo the following:

Create (3) ASP.NET pages that show different method of managing state.

In class this week during lecture we review (5) which included:

1. Cookies 
2. Sessions variables 
3. Hidden Inputs
4. View States
5. Send a raw string back and forth

Resources to review:

Just like every week we were given several resources to review. I spent considerable time going through all of these

We also had an additional video we were assigned. This video did a 8 minute overall of JSON 


Demo of Managing State Data

To start the demo I created a master page, and three content pages to demonstrate my knowledge of managing state data. Below is my Solution Explorer for Assignment 6

Besides the pages, I also added a App_Code Folder to keep my customer class in.

Then added a css folder to improve graphics and JQuery viewed in the screenshot below


Demo 1: Creating Cookies - ~/ContactUs


In this demo I used the ContactUs Content page to demo my knowledge of this subject. Here is what the C# looked like 


Next I wrote some code for the ContactUS html buttons


When the program ran this is what it looked like




Demo 2: View State - ~/About

In this demo, I will demonstrate my knowledge of view state. The class I built was Customer and the strings I choice to use was FirstName and LastName. Then I constructed a static string, and created a new object Customer Name Tim Pauley.
 
Then I used a button with the response
 
Screenshot of code Part 1

 

 

Screenshot of code Part 2


Below are the html buttons which relates back to my C# code. An extra I did was to add the class="c-button"



Here is the .c-button css folder styles class
 
 

Below is the program running
 
 
 
Demo 3: Using Hidden Inputs - ~/home
 
This demo is still a work in progress. I started by attempting to demo Reading a Secession Variable with a separate class named Customer. However, after spending time on this, I realized a better demo would be to demo hidden inputs. Below is some of the work I did on this demo
 

Original Demo 3

This is the C# I was using 
 
 
This is the class the html I used

 

This is what I was able to get running


Update to come shortly

No comments:

Post a Comment